March 13, 2007

March Madness Index is live!


I will admit that I don't begin to attend to college hoops until March - that being said I hope I can bring a little of my unique statistical insight into the college basketball tournament that starts Thursday.

I credit USA Today with the genesis of this idea - they took many important season stats of each of the 65 teams and ranked them against one another here.

So similar to the Fantasy College Blitz Defense Index, I tweaked those relative rankings, added a Margin of Victory variable, and published my spreadsheet to Google Docs here. Much more info on the discussion part of Google Docs page.

Please feel free to download it, tweak it by assigning different weights, add new stats (RPI? Rebounds/gm), or just change the color. and please share your feedback so we can all win our brackets!

No comments: