OK, no big deal - backups have had their share of trouble since the days of Marty Gallagher voluntarily throwing up on cars for fun all around campus in the early 90's. All those situps can really develop the abdominal muscles...
But wait, it gets better...
Brandon Meriweather pulled a pistol from his pants pocket and fired three times at the person, who jumped a fence and fled with another person in a car, police said.OK, now Meriweather has skills - he is on some preseason all-conference lists. It seems he is always strapped, since this incident happened before 7 am.
I was trying to think of other school hijinx that would surprise no one, I came up with a short list...
- Oklahoma player seeks alcohol counseling.
- Washington Husky found betting on March Madness
- Florida State linebacker received free shoes
- Tennessee player arrested
- Pittsburgh offense can't score
- Cal captain wins Nobel Prize for Economics