January 13, 2007

Drat! The off-season begins

My posting will definitely slow down over the next few months - I do not get to hyped about recruiting (fool's errand to project a 17 year old's maturation - see Rambo, Ken-Yon) plus there are others who do it full time like the excellent Rivals.com.

I am working on an article that breaks down the Charlie Weis mystique, but when sharing notes with colleagues they all say I come off like a hater - not at all my intention as I just don't see the results under Weis that were any different than under Ty Willingham, except for actually scoring points.

Here are some projects I am working on over the next couple months for you:

Senior Bowl - All the FCB crew will be in Mobile the last weekend of January, gathering interviews and soaking up some football in the winter. Just saw that the 2006 National Champion Florida Gators will be represented by quarterback Chris Leak, wide receiver Dallas Baker, linebacker Earl Everett and defensive lineman Ray McDonald in 2007 contest.

NFL Draft - a natural extension of this site to project how some stars will do at the next level. I will be mirroring those posts to Blog Critic and also Yardbarker, a couple of interesting webb communities

Fantasy College Blitz - We have some management changes to deal with as we continue to build out the best fantasy college football website in existence. Next year will have more of a DIY - blog feel to it since we had so much enjoyment with the interactivity of the Forum in 2006.

We are also evaluating whether to continue a subscription model or an ad-supported model of business as we go into Year Three. I have to say the story of ArmChairGM.com fetching a $2 million price inspired us to review our subscription model, so Drew, Daniel and I are getting ready for our "winter meeting" in Mobile.

That is it for now - stay in touch!

No comments: