December 29, 2006

Pictures from the Champs Sports Bowl

I worked with Todd Anderson tonight at the Champs Sports Bowl in Orlando - let the record state that I am not a photographer, Todd is a friend who needed an assistant to carry gear during the bowl game and I was happy to oblige.

I was taken aback by couple of things witnessing the game from ground level:
  • I am 6'2" and 230 pounds, but I don't look ANYTHING like the defensive backs on the field with the same measurements. I sort of expected that.
  • Maryland whooped Purdue's ass from start to finish, a result I certainly was not expecting. Obviously these guys were thinking otherwise...
  • Derrius Heyward-Bey looks like a superstar WR waiting to happen - all he needs is the 2007 QB (Jordan Steffy or Florida transfer Josh Portis) to be as accurate as departing senior Sam "Ain't no" Hollenbach.
Here are some other pictures taken from my Treo and also one from Todd with much higher quality equipment...The press meal of baked ziti with sausage, a portrait of Bonnie Bernstein's outstanding corduroy pants, Ralph Friedgen eating, er, hugging his children after the game, Greg Orton's leaping catch, and Hollenbach and the seniors at the award ceremony afterward.


No comments: