Brady Quinn and Steve Slaton need only worry about helping their team from this point forward - and each can now that Rutgers has opened the door.
Here are my top five just for kicks:
- Troy Smith - put a #10 jersey on the bronze statue - Troy has nothing to do for the next fifty days or so, perhaps he can make the mini
- Colt Brennan - see why here. But Smith's 26/4 ratio is damn hot also.
- Steve Slaton - no one breaks more 50-yard runs, except maybe Pat White.
- Brady Quinn - statistically better than Smith, but doesn't have the team surrounding him nor that nice round number at the end of the record.
- Ian Johnson - I need a sentimental pick from a small school - although he may offer to knit the mini-Smith jersey,
From around the routers:
USA Today - why no Colt Brennan on their hot sheet?
CFN - a week late, but still useful.
The Heisman Pundit - although the commentors prefer to focus on the BCS Championship.
AOL FanHouse - lots of love for Brady Quinn, and almost too much from his bunkmate...
and of course, the Nissan "Chase for the Heisman" commercial (I got all the mascots figured out except the guy jumping off the rock onto the Trojan. Help?)...